80.5 miles from Natural Dam Salt Lake
Get a taste of the Texas countryside from this secluded 5-bedroom, 3-bath Merkel vacation rental villa, nestled just 30 minutes outside of Abilene. This charming villa offers a well-appointed interior rustically decorated - perfect for a group of 14! Whether you want to curl up inside for movie, whip up a home-cooked feast, or barbecue in the fresh air, this home has it all! A guided hunting adventure is just steps away, while restaurants and historic museums can be found within 10-40 minutes!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: Queen Bed | Bedroom 3: Queen Bed, Twin-over-Twin Bunk Bed | Bedroom 4: Queen Bed, Twin-over-Twin Bunk Bed | Bedroom 5: Queen Bed
The Texas hill country provides a beautiful backdrop to this deep red brick home. Upon arrival, unpack in any of the 5 well-appointed bedrooms, and then head back to the living area to kick up your feet in front of the TV while surrounded by tall windows and a plethora of rustic decor.
When hunger strikes, the fully equipped kitchen boasts updated appliances, ample granite counter space, and everything you could need to whip up your favorite recipes. Once everything is prepared, gather in the formal dining room to feast on your meal.
Rather spend your time outside? The gas grill and charcoal grill offer space to prep your meals outside, while there’s space to gather around to dig in on the picnic table. Take in the wonderful wilderness views until stars glitter the night sky, and then go find a cozy bedroom to spend the night in.
-- THE LOCATION --
Hunters, the Windmill Game Ranch - a hunting ranch with exotics from Africa, India, Europe, and all over the world as well as native wildlife - is just 100 feet from the property, so bring all your gear or rent some upon arrival. You can even book a tour with the owner's own hunting guide staff.
If you’d like a break from cooking yourself, drive into Abilene where you’ll find plenty of hearty restaurants to choose from. Try out favorites like Perini Ranch Steakhouse, Beehive Restaurant, and Outback Steakhouse.
Abilene offers plenty of entertainment for the whole family. Step back in time at Frontier Texas, which offers exhibits featuring the Old West, visit the 250 species of animals at the Abilene Zoological Gardens, or check out Taylor County Coliseum horse and rodeo events.
-- THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE --
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, free WiFi, air conditioning, central heating, in-unit laundry machines, furnished deck, gas grill, charcoal grill, outdoor dining area, flat-screen Smart TVs, driveway parking, and more!
- This secluded Merkel villa is the perfect spot to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and enjoy hunting in the outdoors! For some urban entertainment, head 30 minutes into Abilene for restaurants, museums, zoos, and historic sites!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Abilene Regional Airport (~ 33.8 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- Pet friendly with $50 per pet, per stay fee
- Events, parties and large gatherings considered with prior approval (please contact Evolve for more information)
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Please note the property can sleep 14 guests on beds, an additional 4 can sleep on provided mattress pads, and others are welcome to bring their own sleeping arrangements - making the property flexible up to 20 guests
- $30 per person extra person fee over 4 guests, maximum 20
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in